Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-09 22:33:43
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> Without the ability to publish static HTML files (which Gavin states
>> Framewerk can't do), I don't think that it will be the right direction
>> for this ...
>
> Static HTML is only an issue if we expect it to need mirroring. Which the
> old Techdocs never did.

Actually, the old techdocs was mirrored, it was just the new 'Zope based'
stuff that Justin was working on that we never had mirrored ... for the
same reason that the main web site is mirrored, techdocs itself should be
mirrored as well ... redundancy and load ... both of which should always
be a criteria where it can be met ...

----