Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Laszlo Hornyak <kocka(at)forgeahead(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-09 18:56:13
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:

> Hi!
> What about a ready solution such as apache cocoon or lenya? I think it has
> quite a lot of advantages.

'k, not having done much with cocoon except set it up ... how does it
handle mirror sites?  I believe with bricolage, the 'content add' is
seperate from the 'display' (you still publish the pages to a central
size, which end-users then make use of) ...

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Dave,
>>> All the work is currently being done by people that know HTML so
>>> initially that is all the support that is required, however in the
>>> longterm this will definitely be useful.
>> Well, that's certainly self-fulfilling.
>> The reason why the number of PostgreSQL websites keeps expanding is partly
>> because the main site is pretty useless to the majority of the community
>> for sharing information.   I know that I specifically stopped submitting
>> stuff to Techdocs because I spend more time doing HTML markup than I did
>> writing articles ... and that it was impossible to keeps stuff up to date
>> because it's so hard to edit.  And the Brazillian community members I
>> talked to aren't interested in creating or utilizing a Brazillian version
>> of the main site because it doesn't allow them to share information the way
>> their wiki does.
>> If you and Robert are happy being the sole content providers for
>> in perpetuity, then by all means don't use a CMS.   But
>> maybe you should recognize what you're doing.
> --
> Regards,
> László Hornyák
>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)

Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (