Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Gevik Babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-08 15:52:18
Lists: pgsql-www

Gevik,

> From our point of view, we will also be interested in maintenance of the
> site - how do we add/remove/edit HTML docs, how do we add/remove other
> docs (PDFs etc) and that sort of thing.

From my perspective, the important thing is to make it easy for people to
contribute *without* coding any HTML or other markup. There are quite a
number of tools that allow people to use WYSWYG editors in content
management, WebDAV using OpenOffice.org, etc. If you require formatted HTML
and CVS uploads, you won't get any contributions.

To that end, there are a number of existing content management engines you
could start with. For one, Gavin Roy of our WWW team is building Framewerk,
a PHP+Postgres easy CMS. I think it would be a *lot* easier for you to add
search functions to his code than to do your own from scratch.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions