Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>,PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?
Date: 2005-06-07 20:43:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:49:03PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Robert Bernier wrote:
>
> >There's a lot to be said having two booths at the same convention
> >but on thinking back at Linux world this past February I realised
> >that having more than one kind of group working the booth was one
> >of the factors that made it work, For that matter, last year's
> >OSCON had guys from all over the place which I think really added
> >to it's success too.
>
> One thing that works against this, though, is crowding ... by having
> two booths, one would hope that things wouldn't *look* crowded ... I
> tend to avoid the crowded booths at a show, and come back later when
> there are hopefully less ppl, so that I can talk to someone, instead
> of listening to someone else talk ...

Although I have a similar feeling about crowded booths, I think that
from an advocacy point of view, it's better to have crowds than
one-at-a-time religious conversions, however profound those might feel.

Cheers,
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!