Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?
Date: 2005-06-07 19:00:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
People:

> > One will be in the .Org pavilion, one will be in the Commercial
> > Pavilion. I don't know how close they will be but they will not be
> > next to each other.

I really don't believe that we have enough people for 2 booths.   To be
successful, we need to have at least 3 people in each booth at all
times ... and 5 people is better.    We're actually going to have *less*
speakers at OSCON this year, and thus potentially less PG attendees
overall.

I think if we had 2 booths, we'd end up with times where we had 1 person in
the .org booth and 2 people in the commercial booth, and that would look
pathetic.   Far better to have a roiling mob at a single booth.  Just like
it's far better to have an audience of 150 in a room that holds 125 than
an audience of 175 in a room that holds 350.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions