Re: Create relation

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
To: Vamsi Krishna G <vamsikrishna(at)students(dot)iiit(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create relation
Date: 2005-05-31 20:09:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 02:23:05PM +0530, Vamsi Krishna G wrote:

> i am new postgress.i need some help.i have pgs-8.0.3 source code.
> i want to study pgs source code.can any body help which files should i
> study and form where should i start .first of all i want to know how
> CREATE RELATION is happening in pgsql.In which file i can find this.

All server code is in src/backend. The parsing code is in
src/backend/parser, and from there there is a complicated path that will
lead to code in src/backend/tcop/utility.c, and from there to
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c (DefineRelation I think)

This question is not on-topic in pgsql-admin anyway; you should be
asking on -hackers, I think.

Also, the name of the server is PostgreSQL; shortened to Postgres by
historic reasons, to PgSQL sometimes, and even Pg. I haven't ever seen
nobody use "pgs".

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"People get annoyed when you try to debug them." (Larry Wall)