Re: Consumer-grade vs enterprise-grade disk drives

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Consumer-grade vs enterprise-grade disk drives
Date: 2005-05-31 04:18:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Yea, it is a great paper.  It is an HTML version of the SCSI PDF I
mentioned a few weeks ago:

        http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf

Someone had mentioned it on the lists a few months ago but I only read
it recently and resuggested it.  One problem with the web version is
that the images didn't transfer very clearly.  I mention it in my
hardware performance tuning paper.