BUG #1690: Problem with COPY command

From: "Ralph Moser" <ralph(dot)moser(at)aon(dot)at>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1690: Problem with COPY command
Date: 2005-05-30 10:08:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1690
Logged by:          Ralph Moser
Email address:      ralph(dot)moser(at)aon(dot)at
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.2
Operating system:   Windows XP Pro / Linux
Details:

Hi!

If i dump a SQL_ASCII database and then try to restore it i get the
following message:

pg_restore: ERROR:  extra data after last expected column
KONTEXT:  COPY settings, line 50: "menuemsg	Hauptmen
nemno	Nein, zurck ins Hauptmen
nemyes	Ja, einen Schritt zurck"
pg_restore: [Archivierer (DB)] Fehler in PQendcopy

But if i choose the "With insert commands" option the error doesn't occour.
I think this is an error in the COPY command. It interprets an umlaut as a
field seperator.
My problem is that i can't backup OIDs if i use my workaround.

Yours sincerly
Ralph Moser

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Yury DonDate: 2005-05-30 12:00:48