PSQL under Windows XP

From: Danny Gaethofs <dgaethofs(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PSQL under Windows XP
Date: 2005-05-30 09:50:53
Lists: pgsql-novice
dear all,

I have a question about creating a database.
I can create a database easily using pgAdminiii, but I
am trying to get it done using psql.

When I try to start the psql editor using psql
I get the message psql: FATAL: Password authentication
failed for user ....

I think I need to login as the administrator. I looked
at the psql to template1 command which is working. I
found the following command:
psql.exe  -h localhost -p 5432 template1 "postgres"

Now I would like to use it but not with template1.

How can I login the psql interactive terminal as the
administrator. It works with the above command for
template1.

What am I missing here?

regards,
Danny