Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql

From: Shelby Cain <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Philippe Lang <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql
Date: 2005-05-27 15:30:57
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Philippe Lang <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch> wrote:

> So my question is: is it reasonable to expect as much integration of
> Postgresql in Visual Studio than with the other databases? Does
> anyone
> work under Visual Studio as easily with Postgresql than with MS
> Access /
> SQL Server?

Open the controls toolbox in VS.Net. Select the "General" category and
right-click anywhere on the pane. Select Add/Remove items and navigate
to the Npgsql.dll located in your Postgresql install directory. You'll
now have the Connection/Command/etc controls that you can place on
forms.

As an aside, I'd highly recommend learning how ADO.Net works at the
fundamental level so that you can (if necessary) code these things
manually instead of having to rely on the forms designer provided by
VS.Net.

Regards,

Shelby Cain