possible os recommendations

From: David Bear <David(dot)Bear(at)asu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: possible os recommendations
Date: 2005-05-23 19:02:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

wanting to avoid religious warfare, I'm curious if there may be some
who would have recommendations for what operating system is 'best' to
run postgresql 8.x on.. I've used postgresql 7.x on FreeBSD. It was
already. But, I'm getting sucked into the linux world and have found
Suse 9.3 a pretty good distro.

Since I've chosen a packaged distro, I realize that I depend upon
'them' to keep me updated with criticals and other bug fixes wrt
postrgresql.

That may be consider bad by some, good by others.

I'm more concerned though about the complete experience, i.e.
postgresql performance on Linux vs Bsd vs Windows...
Maintainability.. Stability... os tweeks that were really needed to
make pg work well, etc.

I would really like to hear from those who have used postgresql on
multiple operating systems..

thanks.

--
David Bear