Re: Inline PL/pgSQL

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jharris(at)tvi(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inline PL/pgSQL
Date: 2005-05-10 00:26:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:28:42PM -0600, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> David,
>
> I agree with your idea. That seems like it would be somewhat easy to
> implement and would do exactly what I would need. Anyone else have
> ideas or thoughts along this line?

Seeing as EXECUTE IMMEDIATE is already used, so how about PERFORM
IMMEDIATE? I also like the idea of functions whose scope is settable.
Something like this:

CREATE [OR REPLACE] [ TRANSACTION | SESSION ] FUNCTION ...

Cheers,

--
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100 mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!