out of memory for query result

From: ttsai(at)pobox(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: out of memory for query result
Date: 2005-04-29 15:47:36
Lists: pgsql-general
I have a Postgis table with about 2 million polyline records.  The most
number of points I have in the geometry field is about 500.  I have a
simple DBD::Pg Perl program that does a select for most of these records
and do some processing with them before writing them to a file.
Unfortunately, I seem to keep getting this error:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: out of memory for query result
DBD::Pg::st fetchrow_array failed: no statement executing

This program works fine with less than a million records for sure,
my next largest table.  I believe the program is failing at the first
execute after prepare on this table.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks,

Tim

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: James RobinsonDate: 2005-04-29 15:49:40