Re: BUG #1625: INTALL PROBLEM

From: "Lasantha Kularatne" <lasantha(at)codegen(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Juan Villa'" <vicoronado(at)epm(dot)net(dot)co>
Subject: Re: BUG #1625: INTALL PROBLEM
Date: 2005-04-27 02:03:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I think first and funniest reason may be the server is not running. First
check whether it is running.
>ps -ax | grep postmaster
If the server is down you have to start it.
>/usr/loacl/pgsql/bin/postmaster -I -d  /usr/loacl/pgsql/data > output.log 2
> &1 &
Then create a simple database and install the language plpgsql.
I think you have to install the plpgsql language for each database you
create.

Lasantha Kularatne
Software Engineer
CodeGen.IT
7, Cambridge Terrace, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.
Tel: +94 11 2686893  Ext: 106
www.codegen.it