Re: Please tell me about PostgreSQL Driver

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: kazukawa_tuta(at)ybb(dot)ne(dot)jp, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please tell me about PostgreSQL Driver
Date: 2005-04-25 14:36:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- kazukawa_tuta(at)ybb(dot)ne(dot)jp wrote:
> My Name is Yoshio Kawakami.
> I am sending this mail from Japan.
> Please tell me PostgreSQL ODBC Driver attributes
> names of
> "TextAsLongVarchar"
> and
> "BoolsAsChar"
> I'm looking for your mail.

These settings affect how PostgreSQL data type "text"
and "boolean" are translated by the ODBC driver. If
they are set to true, then the driver will represent
PostgreSQL "text" type data as the ODBC LongVarChar
type, and PostgreSQL "boolean" type data as ODBC
"Char". How the user sees that data will depend on
your application. For example, MS Access will see
ODBC LongVarChar as "memo" type.