Re: timezone() with timeofday() converts the wrong direction?

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: postgres-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: timezone() with timeofday() converts the wrong direction?
Date: 2005-04-25 07:25:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 03:05:12AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > The fact that different versions of PostgreSQL get it right or
> > wrong in a variety of ways indicates that the logic may need
> > to be fixed but does show that in principle it is quite
> > possible.
>
> 7.1's version of AT TIME ZONE was so badly broken that it doesn't really
> matter whether it accidentally failed to malfunction in your particular
> test case. That's simply not relevant to later versions.

Neither am I complaining about 7.1 malfunctioning nor am I
saying that the actual result matters. What I *am* saying is
that - although some versions may be wrong or right in
different ways - one can surely get values mapped to different
time zones for one and the same stored timestamp out of the
database in a single query. Which was what I thought the OP
said wasn't possible.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346