Re: Survey on software patents?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Survey on software patents?
Date: 2005-04-22 17:42:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Folks,

> > Like:
> > [] I favor software patents
> > [] I thing software patents are problematic, but I don't think we should
> > have anything on the PostgreSQL home page.
> > [] I think a "no software patents" link would be OK, but not a web
> > button. [] Software patents are the biggest issue facing OSS and any and
> > all publicity we can give the issue would be good, even a banner on the
> > home page.
>
> [] I favor software patents, as long as they are well defined and specific
> to the IP to which they are supposed to be protecting.

Actually, looking at the survey format, the entries need to be shorter:

================
What statement, if anything, do you think the PostgreSQL project should make
opposing software patents, especially the current initiative being debated in
the European parliament?

[] No statement
[] Put up a low-key custom statement
[] Web banner on the home page