Re: Can't find postgres.h or fmgr.h

From: "Mark Miller" <mark(at)maxpreps(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't find postgres.h or fmgr.h
Date: 2005-04-21 17:29:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Thanks, I'll try it.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Landrum [mailto:greg(dot)landrum(at)gmail(dot)com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:19 AM
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org; mark(at)maxpreps(dot)com
Subject: Re: FW: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Can't find postgres.h or fmgr.h

On 4/21/05, Mark Miller <mark(at)maxpreps(dot)com> wrote:
> I found a thread here
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2005-03/msg00149.php
> which indicates that the headers aren't even installed in the windows
build.
> How can I install the headers so I can use them. I'm not finding anything
in
> the docs.

That thread actually contains most (all?) of the information you need
to get things installed.  You'll need to do a source distribution and
then build the backend libraries using mingw (read through the
thread).

> By the way, I am on WinXP using Microsoft Visual C++. We are a microsoft
> shop and I am researching migrating from Sql Server to postgresSql, but I
> need to add some functionality to support features we need in order for
the
> migration to work.

I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I wasn't able to get backend
functionality (functions running in the server) to work using MSVC++,
I had to use g++ under mingw to do these builds.

-greg