FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error

From: "Nuno Souto" <forum(at)lostlink(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error
Date: 2005-04-21 15:53:39
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I believe my first post did not go through, so here it is again:

I can't seem to figure out what to do, whenever I try to start rhdb service
I get:

Starting postgresql service: /usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user
ids must match
postmaster successfully started
[ FAILED ]

I really am at a loss over here.

I've tried everything I can think of, and can't seem to find out the reason
it returns that error, I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it
again, but did not work.

Thanks
Nuno Souto

pgsql-admin by date