BUG #1601: removing columns

From: "Dirar Abu Kteish" <dirar(dot)kteish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1601: removing columns
Date: 2005-04-16 12:49:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1601
Logged by: Dirar Abu Kteish
Email address: dirar(dot)kteish(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL 8.0.
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
Details:

I had a "bug" when I was trying to remove one column from a table, let's say
I had something like this:
field called Field_1, I removed it, then I clicked on add (without exiting
the properties, the OK button), and added the same "Field_1" column, then it
reports an error that the field already exist. Maybe it would be better that
when removing fields and clicking on Add, to ask whether to apply the
changes, or when adding the same filed name to ask if to apply the removing
action.

Thanks, I hope it helped