Re: Bug in exporting results to file

From: "Mike G(dot)" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in exporting results to file
Date: 2005-04-15 04:46:12
Lists: pgadmin-support
Finally got to this.

Attached is a database dump file creating using defaults in pgadmin.  It has one table in the public schema with 3 rows in it.  If you do a select * from export_lost, then File->export->choose local character set (I am using XP Pro with U.S. codepage), the file exported will have the 1st and 3rd row in it.

The hex code of the offending character is 0641 (Arabic).

postgres 8.0.2 on XP Pro with (server?) encoding C and database encoding Unicode.

Mike