Converting the sgml documentation...

From: "Anthony Mullen" <mullena(at)iwon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Converting the sgml documentation...
Date: 2005-04-13 16:56:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Greetings -

I have installed Fedora Core 3 on a P2-450 at home. I included all the PostgreSQL packages available on the CD's. And I've successfully set up a personal database to start playing around with.

I am having issues converting the documentation from sgml to anything else. I cannot find anything on the web or in the archives that goes about explaining how to do this. Using the command db2html I can convert one document at a time, with no references. The Makefile(s) I've found in various places refer to directories that don't exist. Or to files that aren't in the expected directories.

I can find the documentation elsewhere, in different formats. But that doesn't help me with understanding how to do things on my own. I'm a long-time computer professional with most of my experience in OpenVMS and Windows. Over the years I've dabbled with Debian; but few bean-counters have heard of that distribution.

If someone could start pointing me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Tony -