Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Diego Cattelan <netmaniac(at)libero(dot)it>,"pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error
Date: 2005-04-11 15:29:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:54:43AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> > In the following message, the OP says that CREATE TYPE works if he
> > installs PostgreSQL as a service but it doesn't work if he installs
> > PostgreSQL as a program (can anybody think of why this would make
> > a difference?).
> I found it just about impossible to believe ;-)
> I have seen people make such reports because they mistakenly connected
> to some other server entirely while trying to test one of the two
> supposedly similar installations.  If the other server is of an old
> version then it might not have CREATE TYPE AS, for instance.

Yeah, that's why I asked the OP for details on how to reproduce the
problem, but apparently he's not interested in investigating that
possibility ("I resent the implication in your emails that I am
some stupid user who does't [sic] know what he is doing").

It looks like CREATE TYPE AS was added in 7.3, so if your hypothesis
is correct then he'd be connecting to 7.2 or older.

Michael Fuhr