Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Diego Cattelan <netmaniac(at)libero(dot)it>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error
Date: 2005-04-11 14:25:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:21:45AM +0200, Diego Cattelan wrote:

> >Can anybody else with a Windows system reproduce the
> >problem? The messages in the links above are said to contain enough
> >information to do so.
>
> windows XP pro SP2
> PostgreSQL 8.0.1
>
> this is working for me (but not tested on win 2000 system):
> CREATE TYPE product AS (name varchar, price numeric);

In the following message, the OP says that CREATE TYPE works if he
installs PostgreSQL as a service but it doesn't work if he installs
PostgreSQL as a program (can anybody think of why this would make
a difference?).

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-04/msg00025.php

Did you test both scenarios? If not, could you do so? Thanks.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/