BUG #1585: could not read from statistics collector pipe

From: "Jean-Pierre Pelletier" <pelletier_32(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1585: could not read from statistics collector pipe
Date: 2005-04-06 20:39:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1585
Logged by:          Jean-Pierre Pelletier
Email address:      pelletier_32(at)sympatico(dot)ca
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 4
Details:

We are running PostgreSQL 8.0.1 since february and have these
messages in our PostgreSQL log file:

The first time we get the error approx 1/2 hour after restarting PostgreSQL,
it is:

FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No such file or
directory
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 1628) was terminated by signal 1

and then a couple of time every hour, we get:

FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
FATAL:  could not write to statistics collector pipe: No connection could be
made because the target machine actively refused it.
or:
FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 1628) was terminated by signal 1

Our application seems unaffected by these messages.

We are on Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 4 and
were successfully running PostgreSQL 7.4.1 before that.

Is this normal and if not, how do we fix that?

Thanks
Jean-Pierre Pelletier

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: John SmithDate: 2005-04-06 23:55:05