unused variable ShmemBootstrap

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unused variable ShmemBootstrap
Date: 2005-03-30 02:33:45
Lists: pgsql-patches

Patchers,

src/backend/storage/shmem.c contains an unused variable; it's only
assigned to, and used in a couple Assert(). It's been this way since
shmem.c 1.53, which was current on july 2000.

This patch removes it, along with an obsolete comment (which refers to a
file and function that hasn't existed at all in the whole CVS history.)

"There is evil in the world. There are dark, awful things. Occasionally, we get
a glimpse of them. But there are dark corners; horrors almost impossible to
imagine... even in our worst nightmares." (Van Helsing, Dracula A.D. 1972)

Attachment Content-Type Size
shmem-boostrap.patch text/plain 2.9 KB