Re: Version information in docs

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Thomas F(dot)O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Version information in docs
Date: 2005-03-29 19:17:47
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:52:30PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > Something else that comes to mind... going back to older versions of the
> > manual wouldn't be nearly as tedeous if there were links to older
> > versions somewhere on the pages. Maybe at every section header?
>
> The good thing about our current setup is that all changes are
> centralized in the release notes.

I don't see how my suggestion would necessarily change that. But if
you're trying to figure out when a feature was introduced sifting
through a bunch of release notes seems as bad as sifting through old
versions of the manuals. Or maybe even worse; at least with the manuals
you know what section to look in.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant               decibel(at)decibel(dot)org