Re: Import Database

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: root <root(at)weyland(dot)caerdroia(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Import Database
Date: 2005-03-27 16:06:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:31:45PM -0600, root wrote:

> I have a postgres 7.2.2 database, without the DB_VERSION file, so I'm assuming
> this is an "alternate location" - as you can tell, I'm not a DBA. Anyway,
> the machine it was on got hacked, and I backed off the things I thought were
> important, reinstalled the OS and put the other things, including this DB,
> back into place. Problem: I don't have the /var/lib/pgsql part of my old
> installation,

Exactly what did you back up? What are the contents of the directory
you are trying to "attach" ?

If you didn't backup a pg_clog directory, you are pretty much hosed, I
think.

"On the other flipper, one wrong move and we're Fatal Exceptions"
(T.U.X.: Term Unit X - http://www.thelinuxreview.com/TUX/)