install pgaccess under windows xp

From: luckydavid(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: install pgaccess under windows xp
Date: 2005-03-24 20:20:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

I can not get pgaccess to run under windows xp. It starts, displays its popup window
with a telescope. I can not make it do anything else. There is no oportunity to enter
the address of the postgresql machine.

Assuming an installation problem, I have downloaded and installed several
combinations of different versions of pgaccess, Tcl/tk and the associated dlls. No luck
at all. I note that there is no compatible dll for postgre v 8 forcing me to try version 7. In
fact there does not seem to be much development in the past year. It is a pity
because it appears to be a very useful utility.

I would like to hear from anyone who has been able to get pgaccess running under
windows and talking to postgre v 8.

David