Strange Problem

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange Problem
Date: 2005-03-24 19:42:07
Lists: pgsql-novice
hi all,

i'm having a strange problem in postgresql.  i have to
forms that almost identical.  they enter one piece of
information into a db along with a time stamp.

i'm using pgsql 7.4.5, php 4.3 and change, adodb and
manual lemos' forms class.

one form works as it should.  perfect.

the second form works on the initial entry (both forms
are cycled back to itself), but then claims i violate
a not null constraint.  when i look at the serial id
column, it skips every other number in my serial
column.

"Database Error: ERROR: null value in column
"test_type_entry_date" violates not-null constraint."

instead of 1, 2, 3...  i get 2, 4, 6.

i only have one insert statement, i promise!

it is really strange.  It is as though it enters what
I expect and then, after cycling back to itself, it
wants to enter a null value instead of adodb's
DBDate(time()).

it worked prior to my using the adodb dbdate function.
 then again, my first form/table worked fine after
calling dbdate.

anyone have any clues?

i could post the code if required.

i will probably just redo the table and copy over my
first form's code and update it.  hopefully that
solves the problem.

tia...