Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: John Smith <johnsmit89(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error
Date: 2005-03-23 03:07:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:05:46PM +0000, John Smith wrote:
> In my haste to write the email I didn't notice the spelling mistake.
> However in postgres I did spell
> CREATE coreectly. I am using the Windows 2000 os and the windows native
> version of PostgresQL 8.0.1. I tried this command in psql and pgaccess.
> Both return the same error - parser error at or near "as". Also I realised
> later the type I was trying to create was a composite, not complex as I
> wrote.

Please copy and paste the exact command you're running and the exact
error message. It's important to copy the actual command and error
rather than type what you *think* they are because minor differences
can sometimes matter.

The following works for me in PostgreSQL 8.0.1:

CREATE TYPE product AS (name varchar, price numeric);

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/