Re: Multidimensional arrays in plpgsql

From: "Celia McInnis" <celia(at)drmath(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multidimensional arrays in plpgsql
Date: 2005-03-18 18:23:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom, are you recommending that I don't use multidimensional arrays until some
later version of postgres? I don't actually have any need to null out array
elements, since I will be feeding data into them. I only did the nulling in
attempting to define the arrays. Is there some other way that I can define a
multidimensionl array and then be able to pack data into it? (I'm definitely a
newbie, so don't assume that I am sensible in how I was trying to define or
use these arrays :-)).

My code will be a lot simpler and more compact if I can use multidimensional
arrays (3 dimensional would be perfect for my current need), so if they work,
I'd definitely like to use them.

Thanks for any advice and suggestions which you can give,
Celia McInnis

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:33:43 -0500, Tom Lane wrote