Re: Uploading large files

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki <aarni(at)kymi(dot)com>
To: "cima" <ruel(dot)cima(at)facinf(dot)uho(dot)edu(dot)cu>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Uploading large files
Date: 2005-03-16 08:27:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Also php may use a 'temp' for uploads. You sure you have this path correct ?
Check php.init also to see uploads are allowed and the max file size of an
upload.

Another and often preferred (db size !) approach is to upload the images to a
certain directory on the server and only store the path to that location and
file as text in your db. Check permissions again to do this.

BR,

Aarni

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 05:44, you wrote:
> hi,
>

> im working with mandrake 10, using postgresql 7.4 and php to make a web
> site. i want to be able to upload image files to my database and show the
> image in a web page later. there seems to be some problem with the upload
> related to the permissions somewhere because i cant upload the files. i
> suspect it has to do with where the web server (apache 2) uploads the file
> temporarily for it to then process it or upload it to the server. can
> anybody help? or can you suggest an alternative to upload the image files?
>
> thank you!

This is a bugfree broadcast to you
from **Kmail**
on **Fedora Core 2** linux system