RES: RES: How to use PQconsumeInput and PQisBusy correctly ?

From: "Rodrigo Moreno" <rodrigo(dot)miguel(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RES: RES: How to use PQconsumeInput and PQisBusy correctly ?
Date: 2005-03-13 19:33:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Thanks Tom,

One more question, today I'm using the syncronous functions, like PQexec,
so, my apps is frozen until the query to be finish.

I'm wondering

1) Use pqexec in a separate thread, wait the thread or call
PQgetCancel/PQcancel when user request that, or

2) Use PQconsumeInput/PQisBusy, in a non-thread program and wait for query
to be finish or user request their cancel.

What is the better one ?

Thanks
Rodrigo Moreno