RES: How to use PQconsumeInput and PQisBusy correctly ?

From: "Rodrigo Moreno" <rodrigo(dot)miguel(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RES: How to use PQconsumeInput and PQisBusy correctly ?
Date: 2005-03-13 19:10:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Tom

> It would work but it seems rather pointless; the only reason you would use
those functions is if you have something else > useful to do while waiting
for the query result ... and this program structure isn't very conducive to
doing other stuff > while waiting. Usually you'd want to have a main loop
that can dispatch handling of various events, one of them being > >
checking for an available query result.

This is only a sample to demonstrante that I want. But I have plans to do
something, in fact, it will be a win32 application , that shows a non modal
Dialog with a Cancel button and a progessbar. If user wanna cancel the
query, just press cancel button. So, I don't want allows the user to do
anything else, they can't navigate trough a program, because this will
generate another query to be submited to pg, and I don't have plans to
create another one connection for this user. So, they will wait for query to
be finish or then press cancel, that is it.

But, my question, I always should call pqconsume before a pqisbusy ? Can I
use it in a loop ? It will cause some kind of traffic ?

Best Regards
Rodrigo Moreno