Building DBD::Pg fails at make test

From: Tom McMillen <tgmcmillen(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Building DBD::Pg fails at make test
Date: 2005-03-05 15:34:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I am trying to build the Perl DBI module BDB::Pg on cygwin so that I can use perl under
cygwin to connect to PostgreSQL 8.0.1 Win32 installed database.

I have built PostgreSQL 8.0.1 under cygwin sucessfully and have it installed under
/usr/local/pgsql so that the client libraries are installed there. (build with
--with-perl option)

However when trying to build the perl DBD::Pg and running make test I get the following
error:

# Tried to use 'DBD::Pg'.
# Error: Can't load
'/home/tmcmillen/.cpan/build/DBD-Pg-1.40/blib/arch/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.dll' for module
DBD::Pg: dlopen, Win32 error 126 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
# at (eval 2) line 2
# Compilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 2.

Under the README for DBD::Pg it lists this error as an issue for linux systems, in that
ldconfig is not finding the libpq.so library....

I have libpq.a in the /usr/local/pgsql/lib folder.

If I set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib I still get the
same error

Can any one please help?

Thanks

Tom

Weird people are like chocolate cake... some people can't handle the
richness