Installation problem with

From: jross(at)wykids(dot)org
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installation problem with
Date: 2005-03-04 23:42:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I'm trying to install the latest to connect Access to
PostgreSQL 8.0 running on OpoenBSD.

I've download and installed the MSI installer package.  The installer
successfully finishes, but when I go to the ODBC Data Source, I don't see a
Postgresql driver anywhere.  I've tried on Windows 2000 server and on Windows

Because I need to connect to PostgreSQL with Access, I uninstalled the version 8
driver and re-installed the version 07_03_0200 driver which used to work on both
machines.  This older driver works fine on the Windows 2000 machine but it now
will not work on the XP machine by failing to connect to the database.

My PostgreSQL logs do not even show a connection attempt, until I click out of
the two error message thrown up by Access.  Then it apparently connects, runs
the first query (table view) and exits.

I'd rather get the newest version working, so if anyone knows how I can get the
ODBC driver available to Access through the ODBC control panel I'll be

Failing that, getting the 07_03_0200 driver to connect would be great.

Jeff Ross

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Peter BenseDate: 2005-03-05 00:57:36