Re: Please help

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>,Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help
Date: 2005-03-01 18:41:33
Lists: pgsql-novice
kumar, if you know the key is always the highest id
(in this case 5) then you can sort in descending order
and limit your result to one entry - which, by
definition, will be the largest "id" (equal to 5 in
this case).

something like...

$id = "SELECT cust_id from customer  where
ustomer_name ='$cust' order by cust_id desc limit 1";

except applied to your case.  pay special attention
to...

"order by cust_id desc limit 1"

Vishal showed me this example to solve another problem
and it may well solve yours, too.