Re: row numbering

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: row numbering
Date: 2005-02-28 16:46:43
Lists: pgsql-general

> > > No, but you can easily keep a counter in the client.
> >
> > How, then, do I do it if I "need" the "row number" in a view ?
>
> Keep the counter in the client as you process or display the result
> rows.
Well, but I'd like to use those "row numbers" in a comparison
right inside the view definition ...

Eg.:

There are 5 vaccinations in a given vaccination schedule.

Patient had 3 shots.

I want the view to show me that shot 4 and 5 are missing
without having to enter the cardinality of the vaccination in
the original data.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346