Re: [HACKERS] Some download statistics

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Some download statistics
Date: 2005-02-27 21:30:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Marc,

> this tracks only those going in through the web ... this doesn't track
> those using an ftp client going in and downloading files ... specifically,

Can you give me stats for ftp.postgresql.org, for the 30 days beginning
February 17? These are extra numbers, plus would give me stats to compare
with last year, for which we only have ftp.postgresql.org.

For other download sites, in the month following release:
pgFoundry saw approximately 25,000 downloads of the pgInstaller.
SourceForge's statistics are broken, so we don't know how many downloads they
got.
I'm waiting for David Fetter's answer on Bittorrent.

It would be nice if Josh Drake could give us stats for Mammoth PostgreSQL 8.0.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions