Re: [pgsql-hackers] Daily digest v1.4988 (21 messages)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers] Daily digest v1.4988 (21 messages)
Date: 2005-02-25 17:48:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> As a proposal: feature freeze maybe early summer (June or July), beta
> maybe Aug/Sep, final as always "when it's ready" (maybe Oct/Nov with
> a good tailwind).

I thought we were trying to get away from a midsummer feature freeze, due to
the general lack of personnel in that season? I can tell you that, while
I'm probably the least critical person for a feature freeze, I will be
unavailable for anything development-related from July 10 to August 6th.
And at least a dozen PG people will be presenting at OSCON, which means that
their attention will be divided in the last week of July. And there's a
bunch of European conventions in June, for that matter.

So I'd advocate either freezing in May, or in September.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions