BUG #1492: PostgreSQL ODBC error

From: "Rong Wang" <rong(at)ozdocs(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1492: PostgreSQL ODBC error
Date: 2005-02-21 04:38:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1492
Logged by: Rong Wang
Email address: rong(at)ozdocs(dot)com(dot)au
PostgreSQL version: 8
Operating system: Windows 2003
Details:

ODBC having an open nature allows client application to query SQL Syntax
capabilities of the database. The ODBC CK (an aplication using ODBC)uses
this to make sure it generates the correct syntax. When creating indexes it
asks the database if schema names should be used. PostgreSQL indicates they
should be used. When we do this we get a syntax error.

The technical detail:

When calling SQLGetInfo with the SQL_SCHEMA_USAGE InfoType it returns a
value with the SQL_SU_INDEX_DEFINITION set. It looks like this should not be
set.