BUG #1484: client gets the wrong character set

From: "Johann Gregorich" <johann(dot)gregorich(at)itgconsulting(dot)at>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1484: client gets the wrong character set
Date: 2005-02-17 11:12:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1484
Logged by:          Johann Gregorich
Email address:      johann(dot)gregorich(at)itgconsulting(dot)at
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0
Operating system:   Linux and Windows XP

when connecting from Win XP (german) to pg 8.0.0 (unicode database on suse
linux 9.2) via ODBC we do not get as expected Latin9 charcter set from the
backend, but UTF8.

This results in a odbc message '....wrong unicode character...'

We tried a workaround to set the client character set after every cursor
connect (before executing the statement), but no chance.

Has somebody an idea how to overcome this mess?

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Hannes ErvenDate: 2005-02-17 12:59:27