Re: empty a database

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik(at)hellooperator(dot)net>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: empty a database
Date: 2005-02-16 23:15:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

* Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org> [0223 20:23]:
> Clinging to sanity, rasputnik(at)hellooperator(dot)net (Dick Davies) mumbled into her beard:
> > Is there a neat way to clean out a database via SQL commands?
> >
> > i.e. get rid of tables, sequences, integers, etc.
> >
> > At present I'm using dropdb/createdb, but thats' far from ideal
> > and I think it's causing postgres to do more mork than it needs to...
>
> If you truly need for all of the objects to go away, dropping the
> database seems like a reasonable way to do this. I'm not sure what
> work you are imagining is "too much" or "unnecessary."

It just seems a bit extreme, but the alternatives are all a bit gnarly,
so think I'll live with it....

Thanks for all the suggestions, though, everybody.

--
'The old 'give em a Linux box and they think they're Jean-Luc Picard' syndrome.'
-- Pete Bentley