Cleanup for gettext() calls

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cleanup for gettext() calls
Date: 2005-02-14 23:04:02
Lists: pgsql-patches
Our current use of gettext() calls is inconsistent.  We use:

	#define _(x) gettext((x))

in various C files to abreviate the use of gettext() around all string.
This patch makes that consistent by moving the define to include/c.h.

It also adds some missing gettext usage, particularly in src/port and
interfaces/ecpg.

I found that perl also defines _(x) so I undefined this in plperl. I
don't see c.h is externally used so it seems safe to just use it
consistently in our code.

The attached patch makes these adjustments.

Also, what is gettext_noop(x) used for?  It seems it is just used to
mark strings that should not be translated, but why are certain strings
not to be translated?

pgsql-patches by date