How to search for a subString

From: b t <qtboyzz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to search for a subString
Date: 2005-02-06 10:12:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi, I'm building a database for a school project and I want to search for the name of the movie,  fro example in the database there is a table called movie and has a movie call "The fast and the furious" so if the type in "the fast" then it should return that movie. I tried using like and ilike and it still would not work.
Thanks in advance
-BT