using strxfrm for having multi locale/please vote for adding this function in contribution

From: Mahmoud Taghizadeh <m_taghi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu, db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org, mail(at)joeconway(dot)com, sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: using strxfrm for having multi locale/please vote for adding this function in contribution
Date: 2005-02-05 08:11:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

there was a discussion in postgresql mailing list about using strxfrm function to add support multi locale.
most of developers agree that this method is a correct but not perfect solution for having multiple locale in postgresql and some people suggest to add such functions in contribution.

the main problem of such functions is the overhead of setlocale. (that can be ommited when you run postgresql in a OS with advanced GLIBC and strxfrm_l function)

I summerized discussion and add one implementation of such functions, I try to convince tom lane to add this function to the contribution but I failed.

maybe you are not interested to this subject but I kindly ask you to say your idea in list.
please tell clearly that you are agree/disagree for add this function in contribution or not.

I am thankful in advance.

With Regards,
--taghi