Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Date: 2005-02-01 22:06:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Source: CSV HEAD (As of yesterday)
Platform: HP PARISC (HP 710)
OS: Debian Sarge
File: src/backend/utils/adt/float.c
Change:
        CheckFloat4Val(result);
To:
        CheckFloat4Val((float4)result);

I tested this on my parisc box and it passed all tests.  This could just be an issue with a very old CPU/floating
point unit.

I can send a patch in, but since this seems to work on other platforms, I thought I would ask here first.

Sorry about the cryptic message, it was before my first cup of java.

Jim

Datum
float4div(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{
        float4          arg1 = PG_GETARG_FLOAT4(0);
        float4          arg2 = PG_GETARG_FLOAT4(1);
        double          result;

        if (arg2 == 0.0)
                ereport(ERROR,
                                (errcode(ERRCODE_DIVISION_BY_ZERO),
                                 errmsg("division by zero")));

        /* Do division in float8, then check for overflow */
        result = (float8) arg1 / (float8) arg2;

        CheckFloat4Val(result);

        PG_RETURN_FLOAT4((float4) result);
}