Re: Two-phase commit for 8.1

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two-phase commit for 8.1
Date: 2005-01-31 15:01:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 07:32:55PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> If it helps, I could try to split it into two patches, one with code
> rearrangements that don't change current behaviour, and then the actual
> 2PC stuff on top of that.

I think that'd be a good idea, because such a patch could be merged
right now, and the actual 2PC stuff would be smaller and easier to
review.

You'd only need a committer to actually commit the initial patch ...

"No hay cielo posible sin hundir nuestras raíces
en la profundidad de la tierra" (Malucha Pinto)