Problem with unicode support

From: <aromero(at)dia(dot)uned(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with unicode support
Date: 2005-01-29 19:04:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I’ve got a RedHat 7.3 and Postgresql 7.3.5 system installed. When I compiled Postgresql I did it without the option –enable-locale-enable-multibyte. This is why it does not support unicode, and now I need support for unicode.

Is there a way to make my system (Postgesql 7.3.5) unicode support that does not require a complete compilation and instalation?

Kind regards.

Servicio WebMail de CiberUNED http://www.uned.es